Background Info

A Tale of Survival

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Can you hear me know?

My idiot coworker has a cell phone that is paid for by our company. Technically we are all on call 24/7. However, he never seems to answer it when anyone calls. If you leave a message, he doesn't listen to it, but does eventually call back, usually hours later.

Yesterday my idiot coworker drove to Wichita Falls. My boss, who cannot see well and probably shouldn't drive anyway, is following him. At some point he cannot tell if he has lost my idiot coworker or what. His phone option for voice dialing has also disabled itself (he can't see well enough to check his contacts list). As a result he calls the office to have me call my idiot coworker to have him call my boss.

My idiot coworker doesn't answer. I proceed to call him 5 more times but after leaving 2 messages and still no answer I give in and call my boss, knowing full well a rant is coming.

"Sir, he's not answering. I've tried him quite a few times and left messages."

"He better answer his damn phone. If he doesn't start answering the F-ing phone, he's not going to have one!"

"Yes sir."

Eventually my coworker calls the office back. I answer and in the background hear my boss chewing him out about his driving and not answering the phone. It made my day. Too bad the threats are empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment