Background Info

A Tale of Survival

Friday, March 18, 2011

Leave a Message after the beep

My boss has been out of town for the week. He's a workaholic and for once took an entire week off to spend spring break with his wife and daughter. I've done my best not to call him or e-mail him while he's gone so that he can actually enjoy his rare and much needed vacation.

I spent most of the day out in the field and got back to the office about 4:45. When I did, my idiot coworker starts complaining to me how he can't get a hold of our boss. I specifically told him before I left the office this morning that our boss was flying back today and should be landing around 5.

My idiot coworker proceeds to call my boss' cell phone over 10 times in the remaining 15 minutes of our office hours. The phone is going directly to voice mail and it is obvious that it is off. I've already told my idiot coworker that the phone is off and he's on a plane.

 His response is that the boss can't have been on a plane for the past 4 hours (as he dials the number again). Oh really? It takes roughly 3 plus hours to get to their vacation home and that's if your flight is direct. Include time in the plane, taxiing, etc at the airport, it makes perfect sense that the phone would be off for hours.

I'm sure when my boss gets off the plane and turns on his phone he'll see 30 missed calls. I hope he doesn't think something horrible happened. When he finds out the reason for the calls I'm sure he'll be pissed, but sadly for me, and lucky for my idiot coworker, the boss will have the entire weekend to calm down about it or forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment