Background Info

A Tale of Survival

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Field Work Freak Out

I was out doing field work and unfortunately needed extra help to load some stuff out. I took my idiot coworker along. Not only did I have to ride in the same car as him for 45 minutes each way, he totally freaked out in front of clients and associates in the field.

After he finished his 5 minute rant about how he didn't want to do things and that I was doing everything wrong, I told him to calm down and that I'd handle it. Everything was really fine, he just spazzes out for no reason all the time. When he left the room the client asked me if he was always that way, freaking out and being rude. I apologized for him and said yes. She told me she was sorry for me and wanted to give him a piece of her mind. Funny.

Funnier. The associates basically asked the same question with a very similar response. I really wanted to hurt him, but I can't. Instead, I told him after we left and were alone, that his behavior was unprofessional and unacceptable. Once he calmed down from getting pissed off about that, he apologized, but it was one of those that felt forced and obligatory. I don't think he understood how bad it makes him, me and our company look when he can't remain calm and troubleshoot or problem solve.

No comments:

Post a Comment